Anatomy of an Idiot or: The Case of the Counterfeit Judge

Doh!

Image via Wikipedia

As I regularly search for shows on my TiVo using keywords that relate to my interests and work, I ran across a rerun of ‘Swift Justice with Nancy Grace‘ that originally aired on 2/28/11 entitled “An online rip-off; pit bull puppies”.  This was caught in my filter because the word ‘knockoff’ was in the show’s description.  In this episode, the first case was of a woman who had purchased a pair of Coach boots from a website buymerchant.com.  Upon receipt of the boots, the Plaintiff stated that she believed they were counterfeit and was entitled to a refund of $174 USD.  Whether the goods in this case were actually counterfeit is actually not even relevant to what I’m about to share.  What followed was some of the most irresponsible judiciary-slash-journalistic behavior I have ever seen.

Grace first examines the boots saying, “If these are fake, I’ll buy ’em!  I’m all about fakes!”  She then hollers backstage, “Hey, bring me out my my ‘Frauda’!”  She giggled and looked back at the camera explaining, “My fake Prada.  I love it.”  As she brings the conversation back to the case on hand, she turns to the Plaintiff and uttered in a snarky drawl, “So… you don’t like fakes?”

After picking up my jaw from the atop my Birkenstock I witness Grace call in her ‘expert’  to authenticate the boots.  This guy’s qualifications were that he was a former employee at a Coach store.  Wait, it gets better.  As he makes his unconvincing case, Grace barks again and looks offstage, “Hey, bring me back my fake!”  Then she asks her expert to authenticate her ‘Frauda’.  He explains to her that it is counterfeit and that a real handbag of this type is of higher quality and would retail for about $1,500 USD.  Then Grace starts howling like a preacher with a bellyache with, “Fifteen… hundred… dollars?!?!?!  Do you know how long I’ve had this thing?  Five years.  That’s a good quality bag!”  Just as I did, you are probably asking if this idiot actually admitted to purchasing illegal goods, defend it and then promote the behavior from her bench on national television.  Yes.  She did.  You can witness an excerpt of the event for yourself by clicking this link here: http://www.swiftjustice.com/case_files/2011-02-28

While much of the civilized world is trying to discourage this type of contraband activity, we have a nitwit like this adjudicating cases with her own television show, and doling out legal advice on CNN.  While Nancy Grace is hosting ‘Swift Justice’, what she really needs is a swift kick in the rear end.

10 comments on “Anatomy of an Idiot or: The Case of the Counterfeit Judge

1. tilly
    July 15, 2011 at 12:35 pm #

I just saw a rerun of this (saw the original also) ans I cannot believe someone that is ‘supposed’ to uphold the law would/could act this way!

It’s totally appalling and ludicrous!

2. tilly
    July 15, 2011 at 12:35 pm #

It’s totally appalling and ludicrous!

3. michellefrommadison
    May 13, 2011 at 2:05 pm #

Her swift justice show is totally based upon emotions and not the facts pertaining to any specific issue. That’s one of the reasons why Nancy cannot practice Law anymore anywhere within any of the 50 states of the United States of America. A true un-incarcerated (currently) confirmed predator of victim’s rights.

• Rob Holmes
      May 21, 2011 at 3:30 pm #

You are so right, Michelle! It’s crazy the kind of people that get their own TV shows.

4. michellefrommadison
    May 13, 2011 at 2:05 pm #

• Rob Holmes
      May 21, 2011 at 3:30 pm #

5. michellefrommadison
    May 13, 2011 at 1:58 pm #

There is no swift justice with anything to do with Nancy Grace. She’s an oxymoron, mostly the moron-part. 🙂

6. michellefrommadison
    May 13, 2011 at 1:58 pm #

7. michellefrommadison
    May 13, 2011 at 12:55 am #

Nancy Grace has always, and continues to this day, to make decisions based only upon emotions of the cases and not the facts. That’s one of the many reasons why she cannot practice Law anymore in any state within the total United States of America. Plus, she has lead to the victim’s deaths in several instances where she telephones them and badgers them to the point of suicide, then denies it, then pays money to the victim’s survivors to stay out of jail and prison. There is no greater threat to victims than Nancy Grace, she actually and truly costs lives of non-convicted victims of crimes. Since she was never directly a victim of any crime in her life, she remains clue-less tot he damage she does to real victims of crimes.

8. michellefrommadison
    May 13, 2011 at 12:55 am #

Comments are closed.

I Can See Very Well

The Many Moods of a Not So Mad Man

Living by Accident

Sometimes Risk is the Reward

WordCamp Los Angeles 2017

September 30th & Oct 1st, 2017

Hi-Tech P.I.

Helping people see the forest for the trees, online.

Knockoff Report™

News and Views in the World of Anti-Counterfeiting

Candy Noble's Blog

The Sprint to November

Kat Scratch

Catch the Fever

talk normal

Tim Phillips makes the bad noises stop

IP Litigation From Flyover Country